Here are some of my favorite things and things I have learned in the first month of Stella’s life. Hopefully this will help any of you mom-to-be with getting things ready for your little one.
1. I figured out that we rarely use her room: ) Once she starts sleeping in there that will change but for now we spend most of our time in the living room (day) and our bedroom (night). What this means is that the diapers, diaper genie, creams, wipes, blankets, etc. do not all need to be in her room. The first day home I felt like we were constantly getting up and down getting items from her room or from a room we left it in. So I ended up getting 2 baskets, two diaper genies and 2 wipe warmers (one for my room and one for the living room). In the baskets I have a bib, burp clothes, swaddle blanket, pacifiers, diapers, and diaper cream. This has made life much easier! Gone are the days of getting up and down to go to the other room to find the items I need. I highly suggest doing this!
2. The boppy. We first used the boppy for feeding and now gets used often by men and children that hold Stella: ) She also likes to lay in it and we use it for tummy time. I am not going to lie…it is also a comfy pillow and have used it during many nap times.
3. Aden & Anais blankets and bib/burp cloths. The blankets are perfect for Texas weather. They are light and soft. The burp cloths we have not used that much but I love how they also turn into a bib. They are great because they cover much of the babies clothes – not just the front!
4. Madela breast pump and accessories. If you breastfeed this is a must have! I also have a manual pump which comes in handy when you are out and about and it easily fits into the diaper bag or purse.
5. The Moby wrap has also been great! Stella enjoys being with her mommy and her mommy wants to be with her, however, things need to get done around the house. This wrap is comfortable and makes it possible to enjoy my time with her while getting things done. It also puts her to sleep. She loves sleeping on her mommy!
6. Britax Stroller. This stroller has been compared to the City Mini but has even better features. You can watch youtube videos on the comparisons if you are deciding between the two strollers. I love how easy it is to maneuver which is great in crowded places, small spaces and going in and out of buildings. It is light and very easy to load and unload in the car. We have also used it for walks through the neighborhood and it has worked very well. However, in the next few weeks we will be getting a jogging stroller for our outside walks/jogs.
7. Okay…these burp cloths are not a must have but I love them!! They were sent to me by the wonderful Miller family. They currently live in Singapore (just moved from Mayalasia). Anyhow, they are organic, thick, super soft and have the cutest patterns. They really are wonderful.
8. Okay…this too is not a must have but I love it! I love that this Kate Spade Diaper Bag (New York) is stylish and doesn’t look like a diaper bag. It is a bag that can be used even after baby. It has many different compartments – we carry just about everything you could think of in this bag.